I would like to say a HUGE Thank You! to all who supported my 2016 Recital performance at the Chrysalis Theatre, Milton Keynes on Saturday 8th October.
Each year I try to give at least one solo recital locally as an opportunity to share my own playing and enthusiasm with my students, families and friends in the area – as well as those who choose to travel from further afield.
One such is my friend Stephen Marquiss, himself a very highly respected pianist and teacher, who kindly wrote of the evening:
“Treated to a recital by Andrew Eales last night packed with exquisite musical detail, inspired programming and engaging and informative introductions.”
For those who are interested in the programme I played, and would like to explore the music and composers more, here’s the list:
- Louis Couperin (1626-61): Chaconne in F major
- Erik Satie (1866-1925): Sarabande No.1
- Erik Satie: Gymnopédies 1-3
- W.A. Mozart (1756-1791): Piano Sonata in F major K.332
And after the interval:
- Elena Kats-Chernin (b1957): Eliza Aria
- Elena Kats-Chernin: Butterflying
- Robert Schumann (1810-1856): Papillons Op.2
- Erik Satie: 3 Gnossiennes
At the end I also performed my own composition “Prelude to a Better Year”, a version of which I recorded here:
Including the ticket sales and refreshments on Saturday, the total amount we have raised for this wonderful cause over the last three years has now risen to more than £5,000.
Thank you for such overwhelming generosity!