Recording of the Month shines a spotlight on a recent recording which I have particularly enjoyed and would like to recommend to readers.
Each month there are many dozens of new piano recordings, only a few of which I will encounter. Among those, some recordings particularly inspire or move me, or pique my musical and creative interest.
To be included here a recording must be widely, commercially available, and as a physical product.
The selection is entirely personal – but I am keen to include the broadest range of musical styles, tastes and innovation, believing this best serves the broad international readership of the Pianodao site.
For further information about Pianodao reviews, please read my Review Policy here.
Recent Recordings of the Month
- Eric Lu: Chopin 24 Preludes
- Hiromi: Spectrum
- Beatrice Rana: “Reflexions”
- Andrey Gugnin plays Shostakovich
- Igor Levit: Beethoven’s 32 Piano Sonatas
- Isata Kanneh-Mason: Romance
- Anna Gourari: Elusive Affinity
- Martin James Bartlett: Love and Death
Explore the full archive here: