Recording of the Month shines a spotlight on a recent recording which I have particularly enjoyed and would like to recommend to readers.
Each month there are many dozens of new piano recordings, only a few of which I will encounter. Among those, some recordings particularly inspire or move me, or pique my musical and creative interest.
To be included here a recording must be widely, commercially available, and as a physical product.
The selection is entirely personal – but I am keen to include the broadest range of musical styles, tastes and innovation, believing this best serves the broad international readership of the Pianodao site.
For further information about Pianodao reviews, please read my Review Policy here.
Recent Recordings of the Month
- Vanessa Benelli Mosell: Casta Diva
- Herbert Howells: Piano Music
- Eleonor Bindman: Bach Transcriptions
- Brad Mehldau: Suite, April 2020
- Murray McLachlan: Complete Piano Music of Edward Gregson
- Catherine Gordeladze: Caprice Brillant
- Louis Lortie: In paradisum
- Denis Matsuev: Three 20th Century Concerti
- Víkingur Ólafsson: Debussy meets Rameau
- Federico Colli plays Scarlatti
- Eric Lu: Chopin 24 Preludes
- Hiromi: Spectrum
Explore the full archive here: