• Products featured on Pianodao are selected for review by Andrew Eales.
• When you purchase using the site’s retail links, Pianodao may earn a small commission, but this does not affect the price you pay.
• GET ADVICE ON YOUR PLAYING.
Flushed with enthusiasm for Hal Leonard’s just-published African American Folk Songs Collection (reviewed here) I wanted to waste no time looking back at previous publications in this superb and growing series.
In this review I will focus on four collections of intermediate piano arrangements of traditional songs from the Far East:
- Chinese Folk Songs Collection (arr. Joseph Johnson, 2009)
- Korean Folk Songs Collection (arr. Lawrence Lee, 2010)
- Japanese Folk Songs Collection (arr. Mika Goto, 2013)
- Malay Folk Songs Collection (arr. Charmaine Siagian, 2019)