Pianodao includes guest posts by dozens of friends and writers from around the world, freely sharing their experiences, perspectives, and knowledge of The Way of Piano.
- How do we stop students quitting?
- Reindeer Reading Duets
- Enhancing Technique with Mindfulness of the Body
- Do Not Play This Work!
- How to motivate the demotivated student
- Steve Luck’s Practice Tips
- “Me Time”: a work in progress
- Thumbs up for the Thumb!
Special Contributor: Karen Marshall
Karen is well known for her many publications with Faber Music, Collins Music and ABRSM. Karen’s articles here cover a wide range of important teaching issues. She has also organised for Pianodao to host the many free resources she has produced for Collins Music in connection with her Get Set! Piano method series.
Interviews & Profiles
Pianodao also includes interviews with key figures from the world of piano, and profiles of great musicians past and present.
- Iyad Sughayer in Conversation
- A Composer in Conversation
- Eva Gevorgyan: The Makings of a Superstar
- Samantha Coates in Conversation
- Martin Roscoe’s Dohnányi Odyssey
- Marcel Zidani: Hey Presto!
- Barbara Arens in Conversation
- Exploring “Mosaic” with Nikolas Sideris
The Way of Piano is unique to each of us. Every one of us has a story to tell: of how we discovered our love for music, the part that piano playing has played in our lives, and what our attachment to the instrument truly means to us.
Your Stories is a beautiful and unique collection of autobiographical sketches by pianists from around the world, and from all walks of life, building into a wonderful tableaux of experiences that offer encouragement, inspiration, empathy and enjoyment.
Your Stories includes personal testimonies which will make you laugh, cry, reflect, and celebrate. Above all, reading these stories, shared by fellow pianists, will be a tremendous blessing to you.
You can also submit your own story for inclusion – and I hope that you will!
Pianodao is committed to including a wide range of views, which of course means that the opinions of Guest Authors, including regular contributors, and Interview participants are not necessarily those of the site owner.