Welcome to the dedicated page for piano teachers, bringing together the best resources and articles from the Pianodao website.
I am pleased that alongside my own articles, several other leading teachers have written for Pianodao, expanding the range of insight. Contributors include best-selling authors Karen Marshall, Paul Harris, and many more!
The lists below will continue to grow considerably, offering a permanent free resource of information to support colleagues around the world. Stay tuned!
Explore the Latest Posts
You can browse the latest additions by clicking here.
These posts underline some basic principles and approaches for piano teaching:
- Sound Before Symbol: Lessons from History
- Effective Musical Learning
- Lesson Planning? A Voyage of Discovery Paul Harris
- Playing the Piano “for fun”
- Dealing with Lesson Anxiety
General Teaching Articles
- ARSM: Your Questions Answered – interview with Penny Milsom
- Skype? Piano Teaching in the age of video conferencing Mark Polishook
- Accentuate the Positive: Piano Teaching and NLP Frances Wilson
- Does piano playing make children smarter?
- The “People-Person” piano teacher Karen Marshall
- The Practising, Playing, Performing Piano Teacher Karen Marshall
- The Art of Piano Pedagogy
Teaching Tips and Strategies
- Rhythm Games (with Free downloadable flashcards)
- Using Rounds in Piano Lessons Karen Marshall
- How to teach scales effectively Karen Marshall
- A Practical Guide to teaching sight-reading Karen Marshall
- Teaching your pupils how to bow in concerts
- 10 Important Memory Tricks Sofie Kay
Motivation & Practice
- Let’s Talk about Practice Expectations
- Initiating Practice – including free printable Practice Charts Roberta Wolff
- Teaching pupils how to practise Roberta Wolff
- Time to rethink Practice Notebooks?
- Motivation: One size doesn’t fit all Karen Marshall
Method Books Reviewed
Thank you for your interest!
And if you are a piano teacher looking for support, you can also feel free to contact me.