Welcome to the dedicated page for piano teachers, bringing together the best resources and articles from the Pianodao website.
I am pleased that alongside my own articles, several other leading teachers have written for Pianodao, expanding the range of insight. Contributors include best-selling authors Karen Marshall, Paul Harris, and many more!
The lists below will continue to grow considerably, offering a permanent free resource of information to support colleagues around the world. Stay tuned!
Explore the Latest Posts
You can browse the latest additions by clicking here.
Basic principles and approaches for piano teaching:
- Sound Before Symbol: Lessons from History
- Personalised Learning
- The Problem with Method Books
- Lesson Planning? A Voyage of Discovery Paul Harris
- Playing the Piano “for fun”
- Dealing with Lesson Anxiety
General Teaching Articles
- Piano Lessons: More than a Commodity – coping with the consumer parent
- A Policy for the use of touch
- ARSM: Your Questions Answered – interview with Penny Milsom
- Returning to Learning – the need to reflect
- Online Teacher Training with the RCM Garreth Brooke
- Skype? Piano Teaching in the age of video conferencing Mark Polishook
- The Art of Piano Pedagogy
Teaching Tips and Strategies
- Rhythm Games (with Free downloadable flashcards)
- Improvising and Composing: The Eight Chord Trick
- A Practical Guide to teaching sight-reading Karen Marshall
- Developing Performing Skills Roberta Wolff
- Teaching your pupils how to bow in concerts
- 10 Important Memory Tricks Sofie Kay
Motivation & Practice
- Let’s Talk about Practice Expectations
- Initiating Practice – including free printable Practice Charts Roberta Wolff
- Teaching pupils how to practise Roberta Wolff
- Time to rethink Practice Notebooks?
- Motivation: One size doesn’t fit all Karen Marshall
Thank you for your interest!
And if you are a piano teacher looking for support, you can also feel free to contact me.