The Way of Piano is unique to each of us.
Every one of us has a story to tell: of how we discovered our love for music, the part that piano playing has played in our lives, and what our attachment to the instrument truly means to us.
The first series of Your Stories has been published on Pianodao in late 2017, and has proven to be a source of encouragement and inspiration for many.
Series 2 will follow early in 2018 and it would be an honour to consider YOUR STORY for inclusion!
Whether a performer, teacher, or relative beginner, please go ahead and share your story as a player so far.
Why Your Stories?
There are two aims here:
- Firstly, I would like to encourage you to reflect on your journey – and writing is a great way of doing that!
- Secondly, I believe that all our personal stories have value, and are worth reading – your story will hopefully be an encouragement to others.
You may be surprised to hear this, but even if your own piano journey has seemed like a steady slog, learning over many years and quietly progressing, your story could bring inspiration to others. So please don’t hold back from sharing your experiences.
Read on to find out how to take part…
What to include
You might want to share a broad overview that touches on:
- When and why did you take up the piano?
- Any memorable experiences about lessons?
- Your performing, and the music you most enjoy playing;
- The hurdles you have encountered, and how you coped with them;
- What are your goals moving forward?
- How does piano playing fit into your broader lifestyle, work, family, etc?
- What does playing the piano mean to you?
Alternatively, you might prefer to focus on one particular story, an important event, turning point or anecdote.
I am especially keen to share stories which will interest, amuse, encourage and inspire other players, and hope that in the coming weeks and months we can develop a wonderful bank of stories that celebrate our unique pathways as pianists.
How to Submit Your Story
Please submit YOUR STORY by copying your text into the response box below.
Filling out the form:
You need to include your full name, contact email, and a short description of who you are. This will appear as the introduction to Your Story if published, so please briefly say who you are, where you are from, what you do. Just two sentences will suffice.
You also need to include your website (if you have one) or else a Facebook Page link. This is firstly so that I can verify your identity. But this link can also be published with Your Story if you like – simply tick the box provided if you wish to publicise your website.
Lastly, you have an open text box into which you can write or copy Your Story in full. Please aim for something between 500 – 1500 words, but this is just a guideline. There is no required word limit. Don’t include any links, attachments or images – submissions including these will be automatically rejected.
PLEASE NOTE THE SMALL PRINT:
- I can’t guarantee publication – it depends of course on the quality and quantity of submissions.
- I aim to publish a spread of contrasting stories that reflect a wide range of those submitted.
- Published posts will be formatted to match the Pianodao house style.
- Please don’t use your submission merely for promoting your music, products or services.
- If I am able to publish Your Story, then I will contact you for a suitable photo via email.
- Publication does not guarantee that Your Story will remain on the site permanently.
- If you ever change your mind just let me know, and Your Story will be removed from the site asap.
- Your Story posts remain their author’s copyright, and the site owner accepts no liability for the content.
- Pianodao is a 100% non-commercial site, generating no income.
I can’t wait to read YOUR STORY!