Receive friendly, expert tuition from one of the UK’s leading piano educators, Andrew Eales B.Mus, ARCM, FISM
A graduate of the Royal College of Music London and University of Birmingham, Andrew has the professional training and experience needed to provide the best music education.
At his studio in Milton Keynes, Andrew provides a flexible range of learning opportunities to meet the needs of today’s students from beginners to pros.
“If Andrew can find a space in his busy schedule to give lessons for anyone you know, they will be very fortunate in securing the services of an outstanding teacher… one of the very best available.”
Jeff Cable, parent
Availability and Cost
There is a basic fee of £66.00 per month, covering 90-minutes of contact time, and payable at the start of each month.
Most students choose to have two 45 minute lessons a month, but those who would prefer weekly lessons are of course also accommodated.
Students can freely swap between lessons on-site at the studio or online via FaceTime or Zoom whenever they like, right up to the start of a scheduled session, but should aim to come for at least some lessons face-to-face.
“It’s hard to express in words just how grateful I am to Andrew for all the lessons and all the guidance. I wouldn’t be where I am today were it not for Andrew never giving up on me, and pushing to get the very best out of me. I couldn’t have hoped for a better teacher, or a better friend … Andrew Rocks!”
Bradley Jordan, former student, professional media composer
Teaching Style and Content
Andrew focuses on the positive development of each individual student at her or his own pace, enabling all to become confident independent learners, whatever their particular musical interests.
Although trained as a classical musician, Andrew also embraces jazz, popular and easy listening piano styles, as well as composing and improvisation.
Andrew places a high priority in helping all his students develop an Active Repertoire of pieces which they enjoy playing, bringing confidence, satisfaction and musical enjoyment to all his pupils, as explained by adult student Joni Hawkes in this blog post.
Andrew is fully DBS checked (his current certificate is on permanent display in the studio), has comprehensive public indemnity insurance, and is a member of the Incorporated Society of Musicians.
Andrew’s students learn:
- how to develop their listening ability, musical response and creativity
- how to play the piano musically and with a relaxed technique, avoiding injury and developing beautiful tone control and balance
- how to read music quickly, accurately and with musical independence and understanding
- how to practice effectively, making fast and secure progress
- how to play pieces and interpret music with authority in a wide range of styles
- how to play with and to others with confidence and enjoyment
“Track record is a bit of a clumsy statement, but Andrew’s consistently high results speak volumes for the quality of training. The step change in my daughters piano playing was a direct result of Andrew’s inspirational teaching and huge experience.”
Chris Grao, parent
Andrew’s students benefit from:
- performance opportunities, including non-competitive student recitals
- exceptional grade examination results (where taken)
- professional diploma preparation where appropriate
- a well-equipped, professional learning environment close to the centre of Milton Keynes
- a comfortable waiting room for the family, and plenty of parking
- unhurried, 45 minute lessons (with a 15 minute gap timetabled between each)
- Zoom/FaceTime lessons if personal attendance isn’t possible
- weekly, fortnightly or monthly lessons, with a simple payment plan
- a reliable and professional service
Andrew’s adult students:
• can take part in MK Piano Club monthly performance events
• receive 20% discount on sheet music purchases
• can freely join Pianodao Tea Room community if they wish
“Andrew Eales is a remarkable pianist. Having known him for many years and used his services as a piano teacher, performer, composer and recording pianist I cannot recommend anybody more committed, passionate and talented in the musical world.”
Terry Holman, former student, producer
Enquire Today About Lessons
You’ve read the info and the testimonials. If you feel Andrew Eales is the teacher or mentor you are looking for, don’t hesitate to get in touch:
For full details of Terms and Conditions, Studio Policies and a Registration Form please download Andrew’s Registration & Welcome Pack here.
Please print off and bring the completed Registration Form to your first lesson.
Andrew is a Fellow of The Incorporated Society of Musicians, the leading professional association for musicians and teachers.
Andrew Eales | Pianodao
8 The Craven • Milton Keynes • MK13 7NJ