Receive regular tuition from ANDREW EALES, widely respected as one of the UK’s leading piano educators. Apply using the online form below.
A graduate of the University of Birmingham and the Royal College of Music in London, Andrew has three decades of subsequent professional experience teaching students from beginner to diploma level.
Although Andrew has a growing international reputation as one of today’s leading educational writers and composers, he remains committed to providing affordable tuition for local players and students. At his personal studio in Heelands, Milton Keynes, he provides a flexible range of learning opportunities to suit piano players of all ages and abilities.
Andrew’s Pathway Subscription plan costs £72.00 monthly, which is a 20% discount on his standard consultancy lesson rate. The plan adapts to fit the needs of students as they develop, thereby delivering weekly lessons to young beginners, monthly in-depth consultations to the most advanced players, and everything in between.
Regular students on this flexible all-inclusive plan receive:
90 minutes tuition time:
• Younger learners usually have three 30-minute lessons a month on average, with 36 lessons per year to suit family requirements.
• Teenage and adult learners usually prefer to have two 45-minute sessions to fit around their other commitments.
• Diploma-level students sometimes opt to have a single 90-minute consultation a month.
How about this for flexibility?
• Book lessons to suit your schedule from one month to the next.
• Choose between a regular or movable time slot.
• Cancel or rearrange with just 24 hours’ notice.
• Carry lessons forward to the following month.
• Switch to a Zoom or FaceTime lesson without notice.
• No large termly lesson fees or punitive cancellation policies.
And there’s more!
• Book extra lessons with the same discount.
• Pianodao Music Club online community for adults.
• Special discounts on sheet music from online partners.
Andrew’s primary goal is to ensure his students enjoy learning and discover musical fulfilment at the piano. To that end, he focuses on the positive development of each individual student at her or his own pace, enabling all to become confident independent learners, whatever their musical interests.
To help students succeed at the piano, he supports them with strategies for effective practice based on his best-selling book How to Practise Music, which is published in both UK and US English versions by Hal Leonard, the world’s number one music publisher.
Although trained as a classical musician, Andrew also embraces jazz and contemporary piano styles, as well as composing and improvisation.
Andrew places a high priority in helping all his students develop an Active Repertoire of pieces which they enjoy playing, bringing confidence, satisfaction and musical enjoyment to all his pupils.
Andrew’s students learn:
- How to develop their musical listening, response and creativity
- How to play musically, with beautiful tone control and balance
- How to play with a relaxed technique, avoiding injury
- How to read music quickly, accurately and fluently
- How to practice effectively, making fast and secure progress
- How to develop musical independence and understanding
- How to interpret music with authority in a wide range of styles
- How to play with and to others with confidence and enjoyment
- How to develop an Active Repertoire
“Andrew is a truly exceptional piano teacher. He makes the journey of learning inspirational, encouraging and enjoyable. I highly recommend him to anyone seeking to learn piano whether you’re an adult beginner (like me) or an advanced player.”
Joni Hawkes (beginner adult student)
“It’s hard to express in words just how grateful I am to Andrew for all the lessons and all the guidance. I wouldn’t be where I am today were it not for Andrew never giving up on me, and pushing to get the very best out of me. I couldn’t have hoped for a better teacher, or a better friend … Andrew Rocks!”
Bradley Jordan (former student, now professional media composer)
“Andrew’s consistently high results speak volumes for the quality of training. The step change in my daughters piano playing was a direct result of Andrew’s inspirational teaching and huge experience. He teaches the importance of broader musical knowledge and understanding, not just purely focusing on grades. We feel very fortunate to have Andrew as our children’s music teacher.”
Chris Grao (parent)
“Andrew is a gifted pianist and teacher with an ability to inspire and guide pupils of all ages and abilities. I always look forward to my lessons and have benefited from Andrew’s wide knowledge of music, his enthusiasm and his patience.”
Amanda Knott (advanced adult student)
Apply to Learn
To find out more, check availability and schedule an initial meeting, please apply using the form below:
For full details of Terms and Conditions, Studio Policies and a Registration Form please download the Registration Pack below. Please print off and bring the completed Registration Form to your first lesson.
Andrew is fully DBS checked, has comprehensive public indemnity insurance, and is a longstanding member of the Independent Society of Musicians, the UK’s leading professional association for music educators.
PIANODAO • 8 THE CRAVEN • HEELANDS
MILTON KEYNES • MK13 7NJ