Enjoy relaxed, friendly, expert piano lessons in Milton Keynes with one of the UK’s most widely respected piano teachers.
A graduate of the Royal College of Music, London and University of Birmingham, Andrew Eales has the professional training and experience needed to provide excellent music education.
Andrew provides a flexible range of music learning opportunities for pianists of all ages and abilities – from young children to pensioners, and from beginners right through to professionals.
To meet the wide range of student needs, tuition can be on a regular weekly or fortnightly basis, or more occasional consultation lessons.
“It’s hard to express in words just how grateful I am to Andrew for all the lessons and all the guidance.
“I wouldn’t be where I am today were it not for Andrew never giving up on me, and pushing to get the very best out of me. I couldn’t have hoped for a better teacher, or a better friend … Andrew Rocks!”
Bradley Jordan (Professional Media Composer, former student)
Andrew focuses on the positive development of each individual student at his or her own pace, enabling all to become confident independent learners – whatever their particular musical interests.
Although highly trained as a classical musician, Andrew embraces popular, jazz and easy listening piano styles, as well as composing and improvisation.
Andrew’s students benefit from:
- Expert, personal tuition from one of the UK’s leading teachers
- Performance opportunity – two student recitals per year
- Exceptional ABRSM Examination results:
100% pass rate with 60% gaining Distinction
- A professional learning environment close to the centre of Milton Keynes
- A comfortable waiting room for the family, and plenty of parking
- Fortnightly or weekly lessons, with a simple monthly payment plan
- A reliable and professional service
Andrew’s students learn:
- How to play the piano musically and with a relaxed technique, avoiding injury and developing beautiful tone control and balance
- How to practice effectively, making fast and secure progress
- How to read notation with musical independence and understanding
- How to play with authority in a wide range of styles
- How to develop their listening ability and musical / aural response
- How to improvise and compose their own piano music
- How to play with and to others with confidence and enjoyment
Andrew places a high priority in helping all his students develop an Active Repertoire of pieces which they enjoy playing. This brings confidence, satisfaction and musical enjoyment to all his pupils, as explained by adult student Joni Hawkes in this blog post.
Andrew is fully DBS checked, has comprehensive public indemnity insurance, and is a member of the Incorporated Society of Musicians and the European Piano Teachers’s Association.
“Andrew’s teaching has provided inspiration to teenagers over the last 20 years, some of whom continue music for pleasure today, while others have launched successful careers in music themselves.
“I cannot recommend anybody more committed, passionate and talented in the musical world. If you are looking for first class piano tuition then Andrew Eales is, without question, the contact you need.”
Terry Holman (Music Producer, former student)
The Teaching Studio
Andrew’s studio in the heart of Milton Keynes, just a three minute drive away from the City Centre, offers great facilities and resources to enhance your learning.
In pride of place is a top-of-the-range Yamaha YUS5 piano (new in 2010) and a Yamaha Tyros keyboard. The studio also houses a huge collection of sheet music and audio recordings.
Andrew has always placed an important emphasis on using the latest technologies to enhance learning. Andrew uses state of the art equipment to assist pupils’ progress as musicians:
- by making recordings of their playing so that they can listen back and evaluate the quality of their performance
- by recording demo performances of new pieces and sending them to pupils/parents as MP3 files, posting them online, or simply recording for you directly onto your phone
- by using Sibelius notation software to produce sheet music and additional resources for pupils, including theory sheets and teaching resources
Andrew can also offer tuition in music technology, specifically using Sibelius, Ableton Live and Propellerhead Reason software.
There is a comfortable and relaxing waiting area for families which overlooks the music studio via glass paneled doors. The waiting area includes:
- plenty of comfortable seating
- magazines you can read
- a table to work at if required
- free wifi access for your laptops, tablets and phones
- drinks/refreshments on request
Andrew’s Teaching Studio has been designed to accommodate YOUR needs, and you will feel very welcome!
Find out More:
Contact Andrew Today:
Andrew Eales is an elected member of The Incorporated Society of Musicians, Britain’s leading professional association for musicians and teachers.