Pianodao has a reputation for balanced, independent reviews of books, recordings, sheet music publications and educational resources.
Andrew Eales reviews music which he wishes to teach and play.
Repertoire reviewed here enters the Pianodao Archive of music, meaning that readers can submit their video link for constructive feedback on their playing, or book a one-off lesson consultation.
All reviews are based on physical product available in the UK and/or online.
Submissions for Review
Materials may be submitted for review on the following understanding:
Reviews may appear in the form of:
- A full review on the Pianodao site
- A comment and link on the Pianodao social media
- A mention within an article or “group review” here
- A recommendation to members of the Pianodao Tea Room community.
Review materials: become the sole property Andrew Eales upon receipt. They are evaluated for the purpose of writing reviews, and remain Andrew’s property for reference and for teaching purposes within the Pianodao Archive. They are never sold, commercially redistributed, or returned to their original provider.
Images: it is assumed unless otherwise advised that Pianodao may source, create and publish images of or derived from products alongside reviews. Copyright images available for use in published reviews should be supplied via email and permission for their use is assumed.
Guarantee: Receipt of review materials by Andrew Eales neither implies nor guarantees that a review will be published in any format.
Copyright: All reviews published on Pianodao are copyright © Andrew Eales or Guest Authors where credited.
Authors, composers, producers and publishers of review materials are welcome to quote from Pianodao reviews within their marketing and publicity, provided that the author and Pianodao website are properly credited alongside the quote.
Reviews on Pianodao contain both facts and opinion.
- In the case of the former, please contact Pianodao using the Contact Form below as soon as you become aware of any factual error, and it will be corrected at the earliest opportunity.
- In the case of the latter, opinions are just that – one person’s view of a thing. Please bear that in mind when reading reviews here. Always seek and respect other opinions too.
- Please also bear in mind that opinions expressed by Guest Authors may not be those of the site owner.
Pianodao does not include reviews where the author has any vested interest or personal involvement without including a full disclaimer within the main text.
Please note that as a Musicroom, Amazon and EVC Music affiliate, Pianodao earns a small commission on qualifying purchases, without readers paying any extra.
If you wish to purchase anything reviewed please support the site by using the links provided. Your support enables Pianodao to continue publishing independent reviews.
Where reviews include affiliate links this does not in any way impact on selection for review here, or the independence of Pianodao review content and recommendations.
For further information about this policy, to suggest improvements to it, or if you wish to submit a product for review here, please contact Andrew: