Pianodao has developed a reputation for balanced, independent reviews of sheet music and educational publications.
Please Read: Pianodao Reviews Policy
Books and eBooks
- Bar-Niv, Rami: The Art of Piano Fingering
- Tanasescu, Drago & Bargauanu, Grigori: Lipatti
- Tanner, Mark: The Mindful Pianist
- Walsh, Peter: The Non-musician’s Guide to Parenting a Piano Player
- Williams, Anthony: The Piano Teacher’s Survival Guide
Levels are approximate and “grade” equivalents are ABRSM and other UK grades.
[B] = Beginner (Up to Grade 1) Explore Beginner Category
[E] = Elementary (Grades 1 – 3) Explore Elementary Category
[I] = Intermediate (Grades 3-6) Explore Intermediate Category
[A] = Advanced (Grade 6 and beyond) Explore Advanced Category
For individual composers or titles, please use the search function.
The following list includes Examination materials, Sight-Reading and Music Theory resources and Practice tools:
- ABRSM: Piano Prep Test (2017) [B]
- ABRSM: Selected Exam Pieces Grades 1-8, 2017-18 [EIA]
- Berwin, Lindsey: FunKey! sight reading series [EI]
- Brown, Christine: Play at Sight [E]
- Farrington, Iain: “Grade by Grade” series [EI]
- Harris, Paul: A Piece a Week (quick studies) [E]
- Harris, Paul: Improve your Music Theory [n/a]
- Harris, Paul: MU Practice Diary / Workbook [n/a]
- Harris, Paul: Practice Starters [n/a]
- Kay, Sofie: Enjoy Piano Notebooks [n/a]
- Kember, John: Piano Sight Reading series [EIA]
- Mackworth-Young, Lucinda: Piano by Ear [I]
- Wolff, Roberta: Music • Me • Piano Express workbooks [n/a]
The site aims to showcase fresh independent piano compositions and recordings alongside established favourites. Where possible, articles offer the chance to listen to recordings directly here on the Pianodao site.
Browse reviews of original new music and piano recordings here.