Welcome to Pathways for Playing. The aim of Pianodao is to encourage, inform and inspire piano players around the world, and this page provides links to highlights from across the site.
And here are some popular highlights:
- Andrew Schiff & Natural Breathing
- Take a Bow – basic lessons in stagecraft
- Piano Lessons: Dealing with Anxiety
- ARSM: Your Questions Answered
- Pro Tips for Recording your piano at home
- The Competitions Controversy – a view on the current scene
- Louis Couperin … on a piano? – playing Baroque music on a modern piano
The Active Repertoire Project aims to encourage piano players from around the world to develop their own Active Repertoire of three pieces which can be played any time, any place – without notice, without embarrassment, and without notation.
Find out more in this Getting Started Guide.
Sheet Music Reviews
Pianodao has developed a reputation for balanced, independent reviews of sheet music and educational publications.
Explore by level of difficulty (“grade” equivalents are ABRSM and other UK grades):
Easy (Preliminary to Grade 3) Explore Easy Category
Intermediate (Grades 3 – 6) Explore Intermediate Category
Advanced (Grade 6 – 8) Explore Advanced Category
Diploma (Beyond Grade 8) Explore Diploma Category
For individual composers or titles, please use the search function.